Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day, Jane, and Me

So today was Earth Day. I consider myself an environmentalist, though I could do much better than I do. Anyway, I planted two trees, one Southern Live Oak and one Sugar Maple. I'm not so sure how the latter will do, you don't see a lot of them around here, but I'm confident the Oak will take well and someday be a great big tree for someone to enjoy. The tree is also somewhat of a Southern tradition, you see them in big cities like Charleston, New Orleans, and of course Charlotte.

Last week I asked Jane if she had ever considered becoming a songwriter. I told her I thought she'd be good at it, she has a really deep passion for music, sings very well, plays three instruments and used to write poetry (and having read some of her poems I can confirm she's quite good at that too). She's very intelligent and has a lion's heart so I'm sure she'll be successful at it. Heh, if you couldn't tell, I'm quite fond of Janeybean! :)

My kidney stone hell seems to be over, thankfully. I'm still hurting some, but I'm doing a lot better. I'm going to try to change my diet some, hopefully that'll bring about some change.

No comments: