Saturday, July 5, 2008

So...

Happy Independence Day, 45 minutes too late, heh. But still.

I didn't see fireworks this year because I'm still in some pain, but that's ok because I need to relax to heal myself. I wish I wasn't so frail, but there isn't much I can do about it other than workout like crazy which my heart won't allow.

I'm really glad that Íngrid Betancourt was rescued in Colombia, along with 14 other hostages. Gosh, that must have been hell for them and their loved ones, but at least they're safe now. Ms. Betancourt is a hero of mine, she's an extremely strong woman to say the very least.

Jake and Smokey (two of my dogs) are doing better. Jake was in shock for a few days, and still kind of is, but he has some of his pep back. That was just a freak accident. In a way I take spraining my toe as a sign that I was supposed to be home to stop that.

I wanted to mention this too, I'm an Arsenal supporter but I'll also be purchasing an Aston Villa shirt this season. The Villans have forgone a £2 million (US$3.96m) shirt sponsorship deal with an internet gambling site in favor of "giving" their sponsorship the the Birmingham-based children's hospice Acorns. I write more about it in my other blog. It's a very, very touching move by Villa and should be applauded.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say. I'm actually rather complex, but I mostly hide my inner most feelings.

Oh, vote for Jane, please :)

No comments: